Morgan door latch fitting

To: morgans@autox.team.net, emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Morgan door latch fitting
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:56:25 -0500
I have a question regarding morgan door latches,

they are mounted with four screws, (?type/length)

over the inner door panel and into the wood frame,

there is a chrome edge that is fitted into a cut depression in the door
frame backside, that sets where this hinge goes.

my original door panel has the batting or a cotton padding that is cut
out under the arear of the latch, allowing it to fit tightly to the door

My question arises in that was there a spacer of some sort  in between
the latch base and door wood, as my door snaps shut perfectly if a small
3 ply bit of wood is in it.

Or are there two types of latches with different depths.

The wooden frame is factory build and  cut, so should be correct.

Any help appreciated, has anyone had this problem before?

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan Super Sports