Morgan Muffler hangers

To: morgans@autox.team.net, mogtalk@mscc.uk.com
Subject: Morgan Muffler hangers
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:42:33 -0400
I am inquriing as to Muffler hangers in the morgan, I think I have an
original one, which hangs down from a bracket around the muffler pipe.

I found on my Super Sports a dual holed bracket on the area just below
the front of the door, but a single one at the back.

I see in pictures of my car racing the muffler turns out in front of the
wheel, and may be dual at that point.

this implies a straight through system for racing, but what was on a
morgan SS as standard?

I am trying to sort out factory vs racing changes, any help appreciate,
especially as to original muffler and can one find one from a supplier
now.

I appreciate all the emails from all of you, its helping alot and letting
me get along more on this old alloy beast.

Thanks
Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan SS