Non Morgan -radar tricks by old friend

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Non Morgan -radar tricks by old friend
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:21:50 -0500
this is non morgan but was a neat idea

I have a good friend about 10 years back in VA  had a nifty device in his
truck

he is an electrical engineer, and constructed a anti radar device

he had several buttons in his glove compartement

the first when pressed put out a signal like radar, this would make
people pull over and slow down, he would go on by!

Second,  he could push another button if his radar detector went off
that emitted a false return signal of 180 mph, the police would not
believe it and thus would not pull him over.

Third, a radar destruction device, he had the bottom of a 20's radio with
large capacitors, that was kept in his trunk, that emitted at his grill
area a heavy wattage signal in the frequency of that diode that was on
the front end of a radar detector, it would fry the front diode killing
the radar gun.

He used this as a last resort if the local abused with radar traps etc on
his route.

He did not use it often but heard it worked!

I was an Biomedical Engineer Grad Student at the time and we thought it
just nifty for us poor students!

Bob Bowie in Maine