Morgan front badge location low line plus 4 super sports

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Morgan front badge location low line plus 4 super sports
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:29:29 -0400
Fellow moggers,

am excited to say my bits of body are coming off and going to body shop,
I am treating the alloy and etching and priming it proper and a wings off
variation to get it well covered in paint in original crimson color.

I have off the cowl and have its original thicker badge for a the plus 4,

my cars body is a 4/4 series IV, one of the early low line Super Sports
cars as later that fall of 63 the lowlines became standard for the SS..

My question is Morgan front badge location, I was at lobster mog V and
found many variations, and got the senst it was mounted about 2/3 of the
way up the cowl facing but then there were no super sports and no low
lines of my year there.

does anyone know, can anyone please give me a measure?

my cowl is 9 inches centerline from its back lip under the hood to the
grill opening, and about 7.5 inches on the exposed surface,

any reference from ie grill opening to bottom of badge etc would be
helpful, and how it looks relative to the cowl ie centered more towards
top etc.

thanks very much, I hate to paint and then move this badge as I bought
this new cowl from the factory.

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 SS plus 4