More Morgan Tank racing bits

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: More Morgan Tank racing bits
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:27:53 -0500
Machiel and Andy and others,

the other neat bits on these twin filler enlarged tank setups, are the
changes Morgan did to the placement of the Morgan symbol, they dropped it
down on the right to allow for the filler placement, and you can see that
in this picture, and of the other cars like it in the period  ie

5305 (baby doll V), 5308 and 5322 the 1963 sebring cars, 5356 (xrx 1) and
our  5381 the other1963 Fergus racer.

Beyond this twin filler and enlarged tank fitting, the put in dual
pickups on the fuel tank, slightly offset in height to allow flipping the
pump in a fuel starvation mode, and these twin pickups fed Separate
Bendix pumps located above the tank on either side.  There was dual fuel
lines of the same Black plastic line, running along both sills and up
through the bulkhead, they then junctioned in a T in front of the webers
on my car.

This makes sense, as under the dash is an on off on switch, and this
would run one pump at a time to change over the entire fuel feed.  This
makes sense in an endurance race to run the tank on the higher pickup
side and if any thing got in the line you could change over the entire
fuel line with a flip of the switch.

What did the later plus 8 cars have for a tank, I never really looked to
see if the symbol and the twin filler placement is the same or not? I
think I remember the symbol was not used for a while?

Bob Bowie in Maine