170 GWP chassis number?TOK 258 colors

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 170 GWP chassis number?TOK 258 colors
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:17:32 -0400
I found a reference to a back up car for the 62  lemans "being green and
cream ".  I assume this is the spare car, but dont know if its also the
practice backup as well for the earlier practice.  I do know that TOK was
repainted green.

"Before the race during the Easter holiday I had a personal experience
with the spare British Racing Green and Cream car, 170 GWP. My father
took me
out in it to test the top speed on the Ross Spur motorway. In the days
before speed limits at just over 130mph the tread of one of the rear
tyres started to peel away from the steel core. The loud detonation and
following flapping noise forced us to slow down pretty fast. This
experience made my admiration for the bravery of Chris and Richard on the
Mulsanne Straight very vivid. "  this part was written by Charles Morgan.

I hope to answer a few questions please if anyone knows

whats the chassis number for 170 GWP?
we know that TOK was changed to a low line in red, then later was it
rebodied or repainted, did anyone find evidence of this when restoring
TOK?

does anyone have period pictures of 170gwp, was it a low line?, was it
also twin filler? hardtop?

when he states green and cream thats the body vs wings correct?

Thanks for any clues

Bob Bowie in Maine