Re: Air Scoop

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Air Scoop
From: Nelson & Linda Warner <lnwarner@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:45:19 -0400
John,
I used 3/16" aluminum, because that's what I had, and semi followed
Cutherbert's scoop, pg. 52
"A Yank at Malvern". I rolled the leading edges using a 1/4" aluminum
rod, again because that's
what I had.  I attached it about half way up the valances, 1, 10-20
bolt on each side and between the cowl box and the valances using the
existing bolts. Don't forget the Loctite.
Because Ol'Blu came with a crank I punched a hole in the scoop, so I
can use the crank when setting the valves. I used to use the crank to
start the engine when the lucas lump was flat.

Nelson
YWA
The road goes on forever ...