Re: [Morgans] Timing with Webers TR4 engine

To: deemi@juno.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Morgans] Timing with Webers TR4 engine
From: Stephen D Stierman <morgan7709@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bob,
The Pub Crawl guys stop to see you yet?  Gary Kneisely
has been sending back daily reports........

About your timing, set it to what the book calls for,
I show 4 degrees befor TDC, assume you know how to do
that timing light or test lamp, drive it and see if it
pings under light load when you stick your foot in it,
if not advance a couple more degrees, find the point
where it just pings and set it back just a tad.  This
is not rocket science.
The weber carbs have nothing to do with timing.
Compression, octane, and air temp are the factors.  If
you run higher octane fuel, you can dial in a little
more advance.  You are at the proper point using what
you have if you set it just so it starts to ping.  You
can listen to all the bs from the 'experts' but this
is the optimum set up.  Your lack of vacuum advance is
not an issue, but make sure the centrifical advance
weights in the distributor are free to move.
Steve Stierman, Plus 8, R7082