[Morgans] BeaveRun 2008

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: [Morgans] BeaveRun 2008
From: Ralph Steinberg <Ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 12:53:51 -0500
Hi everyone,
  Hope the new year has found you healthy and ready to enjoy a great
year of racing!
   As we all look at our calendars and plot out what events we are
going to I realize that most of you, like myself, will be thinking a
lot harder about where we go and what we do. The rising cost of fuel
and everything else will cause most of us to stop and think for a few moments.
  SO, given that I am going to tell you why you must put the
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association/VRG Historic Races at
BeaveRun on your calendar. This is a must event whether you race on
the track, do slalom or Solo II events or just like to come out with
your sports or vintage car and watch!
  As most of you know this event, in conjunction with all of the
other PVGPA events, raises money for our charities, the Autism
Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny School. Over the past 25
years we have given these charities over 2.5 million dollars ( not
just raised that amount but actually given into the hands of the
charities that much money) BeaveRun is entering it's 5th year now and
besides kicking the festivities off we have grown into an event that
is hard put to be equaled anywhere.
  With the years of experience that the PVGPA brings on board and all
of the talent and expertise of the VRG we have a group that puts on
some of the best and safest racing I have experienced anywhere.
  Add all of the rest, great people working at the track, paddock,
registration, etc you have a package hard to beat.
We offer something for everyone that wants to come! For those racing
on the track ample track time with plenty of actual races on a track
that while so safe it is a great place for a novice, difficult to the
point that a slight slip and you are watching your friends wave
bye-bye! The track lends itself to quick nimble cars which can show a
thing to the big muscle cars that are here. Yet the back straight and
the entrance combo leading onto it, can allow the big cars to really
get cranked up.
  For those who want to drive a car spiritedly but for whatever
reasons the track is not an option we offer a full weekend of Solo II
competition. There is ample parking for those who just want to
spectate and the roads in the area are fun to bring your classic out
onto. There is plenty going on track side, vendors and displays and
the drivers and cars to get to know. The paddock is reminiscent of
the tracks from the sixties when drivers and cars were right there
and only a fence separated you from the pits and track.
  Your checks and money go directly to the charity. Checks are made
directly to the PVGPA and our gate receipts go to the charities also.
So no matter how you come in you are helping people who need our help
and having a good time.
  What could be more quintessential American than a bunch of
volunteers getting together with a bunch of normal, everyday people
and turning a good time into a good deed.
  Put Beaver on you calendar and see you there
You can get entry forms an more information at
www.cloverleaf-auto.com (click the vintage Race Button and follow to
BeaveRun) www.vrgonline.org and www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com

Ralph Steinberg
PVGPA Director of Competition Historic Races at BeaveRun