Re: [Morgans] 58 4/4

To: l.s4122@gmail.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Morgans] 58 4/4
From: Jhalfdime@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:47:03 EST
Here on the East Coast, I'd venture that worst case it would be worth around
$2,000 especially to someone looking to build up a vintage racer.   It would
be a VSCCA eligible car.   On the Left Coast while vintage orgs may have
differnt rules, I would guess that it would still be in the same boat.

I passed your email on to the eMog list and received the reply below:

 Jim,
Based on the activity I've seen in the last five years or so, I would
think it would be worth under $1800, assuming the worst.  I wonder if
it has enough usable bits to use as the basis for an economical
rebuild?  Perhaps someone who wants to build a vintage racer could get
somewhere with it, leaving off all the non-essential (but expensive)
stuff.  Unfortunately, our local vintage club (CVAR) would require the
original engine size and type to be used, further reducing its appeal
in our area (Texas).
Duncan

In any event, it is too valuable to scrap as I would guess that someone would
be interested.
If I weere in the Bay area, I'd contact Bill Fink at Isis Imports in Bodega
Bay.   His contact info is below:

Click Here: Check out ""Morgan Aero 8, Morgan Plus 8, new and used Morgan ca
rs for sale from Isis Imports Ltd.""

Phone is: (415) 433-1344

Cheers,
     Jim