[oletrucks] RE: Power Windows

To: "'Jimmy Whitley'" <doodle@flintemc.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Power Windows
From: Terry Stellman <stellman@noex.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:19:16 -0600
Jimmy,

I'm wrestling with the same problem on an AD truck right now.  I tried some
from an AUDI that I picked up in the junk yard but it was going to take too
much engineering so I reluctantly ordered a set from Ball's Rod and Custom
after being assured buy the sales person that they would install in my truck.
I received them day before yesterday and I don't see how on God's green earth
they can be installed without practically cutting the door in half.  I boxed
them back up and I am ready to send them back.  I have installed a new
subframe, rearend, gas tank, steering column, converted the driver's door to be
lockable with a key, etc. and the installation of these stupid power windows
has been absolutely the most frustrating!  I had a couple of people suggest a
couple of donor vehicles in the past but so far I have had brain lock on how to
make something work.  I think maybe I need to see something that has already
been done.  Sorry I am not helping you any but all this venting has made me
feel better.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas