Re: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks:and other things

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks:and other things
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:40:43 -0500
My understanding is that the double humps indicate it is a head that
houses the .202 valves which makes for a much better breathing head.
I have a set on my 327, they are getting hard to find.   Now i have seen
heads where the humps were only about half as high--not sure about
these guys....      Someone else will probably correct ..  Wayne

At 10:36 AM 2/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>What does the double humps or the point mean on the front of the head;Take a
>close look right above the power steering pump (camel humps). This is my old
>283:
>http://www.n-link.com/~rameyfam/pictures/283l.jpg
>
>Robert Rogers wrote:
>
>> Roger,
>>
>> The PowerPac heads were stock on all 4bbl equipped cars.  There is a
>> difference between regular Powerpac heads and fuelie2-4bbl heads.  If you
>> want, I can dig up the casting numbers so you can tell exactly what you
>> have.  If the are true fuelie/2-4bbl heads they are worth about a $1000
>> U.S. a pair in good shape.  Regular PPac heads are worth about $250 to 350
>> U.S. per pair.  You shouldn't have any problem selling them.
>>
>> I would love to have them but with the price of crude oil so low, I haven't
>> seen a commision check in months.  No commision check means no new "toys".
>>
>> Good Luck
>>
>> Robert
>> 57 1/2 ton Panel custom
>> 57 BA Sport Coupe restored to Factory new condition
>> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html