[oletrucks] Throttle Cable

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Throttle Cable
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:54:18 -0500
Got a question concerning late(r) model throttle cables.  Last week I was
bragging about my new Edelbrock Performer intake and carburetor, I should
have known better.  One thing that kept bugging me was that the throttle
cable on my truck was too long and put the cable in a bind, thus making for
a *very* hard gas pedal.  My pedal and cable came from a 71 Monte Carlo.
I decided today to fix the cable.  I took it loose and and in the process
of "fixing" it I broke it.  I was not real happy with the way the project
was turning out anyway so I decided to stop for the day.
My question is this. Are any of you guys running later model pedals and
cables in your TF trucks? My setup is 71 MC pedal and cable to a 350 with
an Edelbrock carb. If you're doing something similar to this what throttle
cables are you using? Did GM have some shorter cables?
How about street rod kind of stuff, does someone make a universal throttle
cable that goes from cup and ball pivot on the carb to a late model gas pedal?
TIA for any enlightenment.
Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck