Re: [oletrucks] '51 Chevy Suspension

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, Thomas Johns <tommymagic@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '51 Chevy Suspension
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 00:09:16 -0800
Thomas Johns wrote:

> Hi!  My name is Andy and I'm 15.  I own a 1951 3100 Chevy Pickup and I'm
> thinking about putting 1985 Camaro suspension in it.  Will this work?  Most
> of the Camaros clips I've heard have been from the 60's or 70's.
> Also, this is my first truck; would anybody be willing to tell me what
> exactly replacing '51suspension with Camaro IFS is and would require?
> Please explain the difference in IFS and clips.  Drawings or diagrams would
> be great.  Thanks.

Hi Andy,

I can't tell you about Camaro clips, but if you'd like to see the
installation of a Mustang II IFS on this type of truck, check out my
website. I've documented the building of my '48 on 4 pages. Let me know
if you have any questions. Good luck with your truck, it's nice to see
someone your age building one!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy "1314"
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles