[oletrucks] Sub progress plus steering column question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Sub progress plus steering column question
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:06:05 EST
Hi all,

Did the Saturday 440 mile round trip missile shot to Brian's house and came
back with a bunch of parts to work on at home--among them steering wheel,
column, and turn signal h/w for the 58-->56 swap.  Tailgate h/w going to get
dipped this week and geting the engine ready to paint gray; otherwise not too
much progress.

Question--Does anyone know if the larger trucks (1 or 2 ton) used the same
steering columns as the 1/2 ton trucks?  And is the steering box the same?
They look identical, and I have one that has an excellent no slop steeering
box on it that I hope to use if it's an exact fit.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Sub
Knoxville, TN