[oletrucks] One-wire alternator

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] One-wire alternator
From: "Jared Walch" <chevyolds@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:11:34 PST
Yesterday I installed a remanufactured one-wire alternator on my '51. It
seems to work good, but you really have to get the rpm's up before it
will begin to charge.

As far as I can tell, it must be due to the larger pulley off the
original generator(the alternator is spinning slower). I couldn't use
the pulley that came with the alt. because it wasn't wide enough. I'm
having a difficult time finding a pulley that will work.

Have you guys that are using alternators run into this problem? It will
probably work, but wont charge at idle.

Thanks, Jared

---
Jared Walch
1941 Oldsmobile
1951 Chevy 5-window 1/2 ton
Web page: http://www.aiusa.com/jwalch/
Syracuse, NY

Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe
you.  Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.