[oletrucks] My Ole truck Photos on the web.

To: "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] My Ole truck Photos on the web.
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:49:11 -0800
Thanks Ron for putting these up.  I don't know if anyone else will
appreciate them, but I do.

This is sort of a running monologue of the photos that Ron has posted for
me (see the links below).

These are the two of the trucks that I remember from when I was a kid, and
the truck that I own now.  The first photo is of a 57 GMC 1-ton that my Dad
used in his business.  It was bought used in about 1965, and the utility
bed and Pump hoist were then installed by Berry-Criswell Co. of Portland,
OR.  It was used in the business until about 1978 when the hoist was
installed on a new Chevy 1-ton.  It was retired after a helper set a tool
box in the cab and it fell through the floor.

The next three photos are of a truck that was affectionately called the
"Jolly Green Giant".  I am not sure what you would call it, but supposedly
it is called a "Weapons carrier" (if somebody knows of a better name please
tell me).  It is a cross between a Suburban and a LWB Panel truck.  It is a
one ton, and it has a set of windowed barn doors in both the passanger
side, behind the front passenger door (see photo Jollyg #1), and in the
rear.  It also has a sliding window behind the drivers door (see photo
Jollyg #2 and #3).  It also had a bench seat in front and one in the rear
(between the barn doors and the side window) just behind the front seat.
It was originally a US Navy truck and then was owned by the Forest Service.
 My Dad bought it in about 1969, and then sold it to my uncle in about
1974.  He sold it to a Circus in about 1976.  This was the truck that I
remembered when I bought my truck (see the last photo).

Last but not least is my current project (the photos were taken right after
it came home).  Everything is there, but it will need a lot of work.

Thanks again Ron.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC

        http://www.chevytrucks.org/images/blue1.gif
        http://www.chevytrucks.org/images/jollyg1.gif