RE: [oletrucks] LMC truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, "'SHAWN & JO'" <YOOPERWANNABE@PRODIGY.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] LMC truck
From: "Schorn, Tim" <SchornT@ci.fort-worth.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:36:14 -0600
        Well, Shawn, I didn't want to say anything because I already did
a pretty good job of slamming GSPP, but I've been buying AD truck parts
for close to 15 years and LMC sources most of their parts from Korea and
Taiwan, for what that's worth. Under another name : Victoria British,
they also sell MGB, Triumph, Austin-Healey, and mysteriously,
Datsun/Nissan Z-car parts. I happen to own a Z and  an MGB so I know
this companies reputation, and that's why I stopped buying parts from
them.
        ON A POSITIVE NOTE; I was at the Decatur, Tx swap meet Saturday
and met up with an exceptional vendor I've only used for info gathering
and "mini-seminars" so far, but have seen examples of his inventory and
they are first-rate. The name is Yesterday's Chevy Truck Parts 1947-1955
1st Series. I highly recommend Marven Mack. He is based in Elm Mott, Tx
and has an e-mail address. Let him know the true power of the Internet
and write for a price list to: mmack@tstc.edu     His phone # is (254)
822-1810 and fax is (254) 822-0233. He has used as well as new parts and
has owned AD trucks for 39 years. He currently has 35 AD trucks, and is
still married to the same woman for all those years!!!!!  He gave me an
order form for Pickup 'n Panels mag and showed me a picture of a Canopy
Express in the mag just like one of his trucks. Awesome!!