Re: [oletrucks] COOLING/RADIATORS

To: ppm@dlcwest.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] COOLING/RADIATORS
From: miq@teleport.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:26:08 -0800 (PST)
D. SLANEY says:

> For what it is worth, a little of subject. Years back an oldtimer suggested
> to carry a big can of black pepper in vehicle in case of a rad leak. I had
> occasion to be thankful for that pepper last summer with my 51 1/2 ton.
> Stopped the leak in no time at all. {TEMPORARY FIX}

Crushed cigarettes work just as well if not better, and have the benefit of
letting you bum one off a smoker and possibly making their life that much
healthier.

On the over heating issue, I'll concur about the fan shroud making things
better.  Last summer I had slight overheating problems and then went and
added a shroud to the fan, it did the trick and lowered the temps about 30
degress.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com