Re: [oletrucks] painting dash for 50 ad chevy truck

To: "Dr Chris Kesling" <chriskes@csinet.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] painting dash for 50 ad chevy truck
From: Joe Clark <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:05:03 -0500
Doc:
I have a 50 and all these parts on my truck are stainless.  The recesses
should be painted the same color as the dash itself and the stainless
polished.  I'm not sure how to best do this but I figured I'd paint the
whole thing then buff the paint off the high ridges with a piece of
leather???  Anyway, you might check to see if you can find stainless
replacements at a junk yard for the others.  Shouldn't be too hard to find.
Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!
Joe
50 3100

At 02:47 PM 3/2/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I am trying to get a good idea how to refinish the dash on my truck.  Glove
>compartment door is Stainless steel but radio grill and ash tray door are
>not.   Do I paint recessed areas same as interior and polish raised areas of
>stainless steel--- were the raised areas of radio grill/ ash tray painted
>silver or should I get these parts chromed?? Thanks for your help.
>Chris Kesling

Joe Clark, Southern Appalachian Field Laboratory