[oletrucks] batteries and charging

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] batteries and charging
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 22:29:59 -0700 (MST)
In followup to my search for the battery in my '54 Chevy 3100 (yes, I
found it, silly me), I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in
charging said batteries.  It's a 12 volt system, recently converted, but I
fear that driving short distances is not sufficient to give the battery
enough charge to run the starter the two or three times it takes to start
it up.  Any suggestions on either how long it takes for an average Diehard
to charge or what to look at to get my truck running so it starts on the
first try?
Thanks.

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
"When I grow up...I want to work my way up to middle management...  I
want to be underappreciated...  I want to have a brown nose...  Yes, boss,
anything for a raise, boss..." -some ad
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin