Re: [oletrucks] AD trucks

To: Jimkosh3@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD trucks
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:40:25 EST
In a message dated 03/07/99 08:45:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Jimkosh3@aol.com writes:

<<
 I am new to the group, so please tell me what " AD trucks means.
 Jim in Winnipeg >>

Hi Jim,
welcome to the group.  AD stands for absolutely delightful trucks.  Actually,
when the postwar design chevy trucks came out in 1947 they were billed as
"Advance Design" since it was a big change from the 1941 to 46 (early 47)
group, which were Art Deco.  Advance Design lasted to early 1955, giving it a
full 8 year span.  At that point the styling again changed radically, and
1955-59 were Task Force trucks.

Bob ADler