[oletrucks] Drive train

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Drive train
From: MPHUDAK@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:42:03 EST
I am getting ready to pull the trans and rear end (torque tube) out of my 54
and replace it with the 3 speed, driveshaft and Blazer rearend that was in my
57.  I was wondering if this is a direct bolt in, except for the spring
perches.  My questions is actually for whether or not I will have to modify
the driveshaft.  Both are short beds.  I am not worried about keeping the
rearend in the original position or centering it, that is to be determined by
what has to be done to the driveshaft.  Also, we were talking about the other
month on 5 lug front drums.  I was a local body shop/salvage yard, and 2 or 3
of the 6 trucks he had were switched to 5 lug front.  Just thought it was
interesting.  Owner of the place I am sure doesn't know what there off of, due
to the fact that he just got the business after his fathers death about a
month and a half back.

TIA
Hudak
2-54 3100