[oletrucks] Off Subject: October Skies

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Subject: October Skies
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 01:29:43 EST
I think someone on the ole-trucks list mentioned the movie October Skies once
before; I saw it Friday night with some friends and it was a good movie.

Lots of old Chevy trucks, mostly the AD's, as well as many other old cars and
trucks.

I also found out that it was filmed in Oliver Springs (where my Suburban came
from--pretty sure it worked a rock quarry in its early days)  and Knoxville
TN.  Recognized the movie theatre and the exhibition center at the park where
all the car/truck expos in Knoxville are.

The model rocketry was great too; we blew up a few ourselves in the olden
days.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN