FW: [oletrucks] reproduction parts

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: [oletrucks] reproduction parts
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:02:27 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From:   Blaine and Margaret Dumkee [SMTP:bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca]
Sent:   Saturday, March 13, 1999 5:29 PM
To:     oletrucks; Dave Cunningham
Subject:        Re: [oletrucks] Stabilizer bars for 56 GMC?

  For those of you looking to reproduce molded parts, molds can be made in
a MUD set (master unit die) to the cost of $8000 to $10000 depending on the
complexity of the part and the quantity to be run.
I'm sure the cost listed below is for a multi-cavity mold for producing
thousands of parts. I may be able to help with reproduction parts - molded
plastic, or polyurethane (rubber replacment)

  Sheldon Schmidt '56 4x4
  sheldon@ssmachine.com

You mentioned in your message that if you could find good used ones you
will
reproduce them.

I have seen 47-57 GMC park lens advertised in a "Heavy Chevy Truck Parts"
ad. It does not say if they are reproduced or not.

Do you have a source to reasonably reproduce lenses? I am looking for 59
GMC
park lenses and have been told to reproduce them requires molds to be made
at an extreme cost(> $100 000).

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada