[oletrucks] 55-57 4x4

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 55-57 4x4
From: jason57@webtv.net (Jason Reilly)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:53:09 -0500 (EST)
Hi I am new to the list.  Wanted to ask you guys how to go about a
project.  I am intrested in building a 55 Chevy pickup 4x4.  I have an
opportunity to buy a 55 complete (last ran 5 yrs ago, has been sitting
since and has rough body) for $200.00.  The guy also says he has a 57
cab which has been worked on and is primed and has a good 57 frame.  He
has offered to give me the primed cab, the frame and the first whole
truck I described for 1000.00.
     What I wanted to do is to make the truck a 4x4 and put a 350 or
something like that in it and make it an everyday driver in the winter.
Will I be able to use the 57 frame or should I use a more modern frame
from another 4x4?
      Should I go for the whole package or should I stick with the
complete truck or go for just the cab?
      I have never rebuilt a truck or car for that matter before so any
help and/or advice will be welcome.
Jason