[oletrucks] RE: Rear Axle Housings

To: "Oletrucks-email list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Rear Axle Housings
From: "Andrew Thor" <AndrewThor@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:31:53 -0600

Andy-

I have as 72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4, (as well as a 56 panel and a 57 GMC
panel). The bed on the 72 sags. The truck was used to haul a 5th wheel
for most of it's life before I got it. I've put new springs on the rear
end and it still looks a little sideways. Is there any other reason the
bed would sag other than the springs not being arched the same? Are
there any mounting shims or spacers between the bed and the frame that
may be tweaked?

I have just found NAPCO running gear that is going under my 56 3105. It
is going to be sweet. Thanks for you time.

Gary

Gary,
Yes the other factor in leveling the truck body is the front leaf springs
could be uneven as well on a 4x4.  If the left front is low then the right
rear will be high.  Have someone raise the lowest front corner with their
hands and see if the truck levels out.  Since even from the factory the leaf
springs were not a matched set, your new ones could be different heights.
So if the front look okay measure the back and re-arch the lower one and
level out the truck.
Good luck with the NAPCO conversion

Andy 56-3200