[oletrucks] Truck:NAPCO, Cameo, Auto Museum & San Diego

To: "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Truck:NAPCO, Cameo, Auto Museum & San Diego
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:57:10 -0800
Hello all,
I just got back from San Diego.  I had a great trip.  I went a visited a
friend down there who is in the process of building (99% complete) a
Cameo/NAPCO.  It is a VERY COOL looking truck (pictures to follow this
afternoon, when I get them developed).  He has quite a few TF Chevy's and
GMC's scattered about the place.  I had never been to his place before and
I never knew that he had all of these trucks (30-35 all over the place).
He has no less than 6 Cameo's (55-58, two of which are 58's) and 9 Napco's
in different stages of restoration,repair and storage (I will send
pictures).  It kind of reminded me of what a "Valhalla of TF Truckdom"
might look like.

Also, has anyone been to the San Diego Auto Museum recently?  They have
quite a collection.  It includes a black 58 (59?) Chevy Fleetside SWB with
a very nicely detailed engine (highly modified!).  They also have a VERY
sharp 57 Chevy Bel-Air  that was slightly modified.

It was a great trip.  I may have got too much sun, but it was very nice for
Spring break.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco