Re: [oletrucks] I need a Carb...

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I need a Carb...
From: Terry White <twhite@bcbsal.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:14:55 -0600
Casey,

  I took my old Carter to my local parts store and they ordered me a
rebuilt Rochester ( couldn't find a Carter )  It came from a company
called Tomco. I think they only rebuild carbs, and they stocked the
Rochester and took the Carter for a core.  Tomco's technical line is
1-800-858-3458.

I think I was told they are based in California.
Hope this helps.....

Terry White
56 3100
Harpersville Al

>>> <VIKINGHILL@aol.com> 03/31 12:16 PM >>>
Is there any one out there who has a good carb they will part with
that will
work on my '55 235 with a stock intake?

Does anyone know of a latter model carb that will work well with this
engine,
I haven't been able to drive my AD in 2 weeks and I'm starting to get
edgy
from withdrall pains....the '88 s-10 just isn't distinguished enough.

TIA
Casey
'47-2 thriftmaster
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and
1959