[oletrucks] oletrucks-digest V2 #555

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] oletrucks-digest V2 #555
From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:05:08 -0500
I'm into that right now w/ my 235 head.. tho' the machinist I'm using is
pretty diligent, I made sure they understood that my truck is supposed to
get me to work every day.  I think folks working on these trucks tend to
assume anything that old is only brought out for car shows or week-end
cruises, and not as urgent as other, more modern, daily-drivers.

I don't have my spare engine lined up yet, but I'm always scanning
back-roads and fields for an old TF school bus or dump in hopes of finding
the elusive Northeastern 270-6 species.  With snow disappearing, hunting
season is open for them.  Sure would be a nice fall-back plan to have one
handy and able to run.