[oletrucks] Nice Guages Alan

To: agingles@nucleus.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Nice Guages Alan
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:30:36 EST
Hey Alen,
Believe it or not, your web page was the 1st one I looked at when I did a
search on " 48 chevy 1/2 ton" when I purchased my '47-2 last year. ( I at
first thought it was a '48, but the serial # is an "E" instead of an "F".)

Any way, I like how you have your Guages, I was planning on doing something
very simular to what you have done, I was going to remove the original glass
out of the bezels and put some thick sheet aluminum in its place, but with the
size restrictions, I could only get 3 into the bezel area on the guage side.
I would LOVE to have a diagram or good description of how you did yours
recessed like that.  I had the speedo out of mine right after I bought it to
clean it up, but I cannot remember if I can mount them to the back plate or
not....

Any help you could give would be appreciated.
Thanks alot.
Casey
'47-2 Thriftmaster