[oletrucks] oil press gauge

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] oil press gauge
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 15:07:00 -0700
Hello,

I know this question isn't specific to ole trucks, but I'm hoping
someone can give me some direction here.
The oil pressure gauge on my 79 C20 flipped out last night.  I just
finished giving the truck a tune-up and went for a drive and the needle
was pegged at the 3:00 position way above the 60 psi mark.  When the
ignition key is turned off the gauge gradually goes down to around 60
psi.  When the key is turned back on the needle rises to the 3:00
position again.  Any Ideas?

Also, I don't even know where the sending unit is on a small block
Chevy.

Thanks,

Mike
56 3200