Re: [oletrucks] hot wire

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hot wire
From: "rogerg" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 22:59:59 +0000
> From:          LLFUR@aol.com
> Date:          Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:12:08 EST
> To:            jelerath@us.ibm.com
> Cc:            oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] hot wire

> Thanks for the advice. I also believe the cause  was in the vol regulator
>since
> the melted wires ( from Gen to vol reg and from starter to ign ) appear to be
> only in the charging circuit. I just don't understand how a bad regulator
> could damage almost the entire harness without some type of safeguard. When
> one of those wires get hot and melt the wire coating, it effects the other
> wires that its up against in the harness.
> A good reason to go to an alternator?
>
> Gene

While were on the subject of alternators I thought I might ask Where
do the wires go on a three wire alternator.... I have one in my woods
truck that has been cobbled up some... PO has spliced both wires
(one large,one small) from the common terminal plug at the
back of the alternator together and that goes to the battery the
other big wire from the single terminal disappears into a wire loom I
suppose I could just look in a wiring diagram book but I thought what
the heck someone out there knows these things off  the top of his
head...Is it ok to leave the wires spliced together?...
Thanks in Advance (As in Advanced Design)

Rogerg
51-3100 AD Stocker
rogerg