[oletrucks] Kevlar and cooling system pressure

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Kevlar and cooling system pressure
From: DWShort@webtv.net (Donald Short)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:23:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,
I have noticed a lot of questions today about the use of Kevlar in brake
shoes. Kevlar is a synthetic material uses in a lot of diffetent
applications these days from bullet proof vests to drag chute lines on
todays dragsters. It is used on friction surfaces for brake pads and
clutch discs. I have used Kevlar disc brake pads on my Harley for years,
it offers the stopping power of semi-metallic pads without the the
damage to the rotors.
As for using a 12-14 psi radiator cap on the stock cooling system, I
have a 51 3100 with a 283 hooked to the stock 4 speed trans. I run the
original radiator and have an original equip heatercore. I have run a 13
psi pressure cap for ver 3 years with no problems.  Since I live on the
Mojave desert the temp around here in the summer gets rather warm. The
engine would run around 180 degrees even when running on the freeways.

Good luck to all

Don Short
51 3100 under construction