[oletrucks] Re: Transfer case

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Transfer case
From: SHAWN & JO <YOOPERWANNABE@PRODIGY.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 08:17:14 -0400
You can try the NP208 also, it has at least the same strength
characteristics as the NP203 but you get shift on the fly capability,
this also is an easy junkyard find. I would suggest picking up one of
the various 4x4 magazines and look for someone doing a transfer case
comparo. The NP208 is a part time system but IMHO it is a better choice
than a full time system. Part time systems save money on gas, tires,
parts and breakage of the vehicle, Not to mention overall driveability.
        I am going to use the 208 in my one ton panel. It will not be subject
to extreme wheelin' conditions and I will be able to shift on the fly to
be able to deal with changing road conditions without having to stop the
vehicle every time I want to go from 2-4 and back again. I drive in the
U.P. of Michigan once every winter for x-mas and the ability to shift
back and forth rapidy was a blessing last time we went up. The road
conditions changed from good to down right nasty and back to clear again
in a matter of miles.
        anyway, just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. :/)
shawn 51 1 ton panel