Gas Prices. Was:Re: [oletrucks] Points>>>HEI Conversion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Prices. Was:Re: [oletrucks] Points>>>HEI Conversion
From: Lewis Osborn <losborn@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:34:35 -0700
Wednesday, April 14, 1999, 11:52:53 PM, Tim wrote:

> It's been almost fifteen years since the truck has been on the road and now
> it will have to wait a while more, until the price of gas goes down.

Congratulations.  I know it's a good feeling to see your
project come together.

I just happened across the log entries for a vehicle that I purchased in Nov
96.  Among other things, I had noted gas prices in the log.  Since everything
was already in Excel, I threw together a chart and found that I was paying
almost exactly the same price for gas now as I had in Nov 96.  It was on its
way down from there, and has gone through several smaller cycles, the lowest
being in Aug 98.  Its rapid rise in the past few weeks is what got everyone's
attention, not where it's actually at in price.  Now, I'm not saying that
because it went down before that it will go down again, BUT, just because it
jumped up certainly doesn't mean it will continue to rise.  In fact, haven't
we heard that OPEC was going to limit production and drive up prices?  They
may have been making noises back in the fall of 96.

So, while we keep a watchful eye, and voice our displeasure so as to make sure
that the Powers That Be know that we have noticed what's going on and we don't
like it, we can also remain optimistic.

Lewis - K7LVO - Medford - Valley of the Rogue - OR
The Forty - 1940 Chevy Pickup - One Owner
http://www.teleport.com/~losborn/1940.html