Re: [oletrucks] VIN Number

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, Bosman@clarityconnect.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VIN Number
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:20:04 CST
If your truck is indeed a '54 1/2 ton the following will be true.
Wheelbase = 116 inches
1 piece curved windshield
Front parking lights (rectangular) directly under the head lights
Single bar across the grill with a Bullet in the middle - If you are still
lucky enough to have a bullet not dented all to pieces.

The VIN should be on the driver door post. This is not to say that someone has
removed it to paint and did not rivet it back into place.

The following is from the owners manual.

Type - Light Duty
Series - 3100 , H54
Normal Rating - 1/2 ton
GVW 4200 Base truck with standard tires
GVW *4800 includes full tank, special equipment, driver, and payload

You should be able to find the serial number from your registration and track
more info from there. Good luck..Bob Fentress