[oletrucks] Oil Pump Mounting for '59 - 235

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Oil Pump Mounting for '59 - 235
From: Bennett Ratliff <Bennett@HUNTPROP.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:30:02 -0500
In the process of rebuilding a 1959 model Chevy 235 and went to put in
the oil pump only to find out that the engine rebuilder removed and then
lost the mounting bracket that holds the oil pump to the block.  I have
another engine available to possibly "borrow" one from but would rather
find a new or used one.  Local engine parts houses don't have any and
have no suggestions.  Second problem is that the one on the potential
donor engine is mounted with studs that have no heads I can grip with a
wrench, socket, or any other "normal" tool.  If anyone knows where I can
get this part I would appreciate it, or if you have any suggestions on
how to remove the "donor" part, this novice mechanic would appreciate
the hints.

Bennett Ratliff
'49 - 3100 waiting for an engine