Re: [oletrucks] AD Trivia

To: dshier@rmi.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Trivia
From: John Maertens <mcdac@rconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:50:44 -0500
David,
        When I did my bed, several years ago, I purchased the kit from Chevy
Duty based mainly on price. I was pleased with the kit and only had to
do some drilling of holes on the side boards (under angle strips on bed
sides) and I needed to use a router for the shallow depressions for the
offset washers. But if I were to do it again I would do the router work
myself and save some money. It really can't be that hard and at one time
someone on the list posted dimensions for the lumber.
        There is a local guy (Windom, Minnesota) about 25 miles from me that
does custom bedwood out of oak and does a beautiful job. Bruce Horkey
Cabinetry 1-507-831-5625. You've probably seen his adds in popular
car/truck mags. It was just a little too spendy for this poor boy.
good luck,
John '51 1/2 Ton
Minnesota