[oletrucks] Parking brake adjustment

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Parking brake adjustment
From: TomGreer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:59:29 EDT
I'm finally out of the barn and into the pasture - driving!

BUT

when I put the parking brake on it doesn't engage.  I have tried bending the
"catch-bar" that the brake release handle is attached to, but I can't quite
get it to hold. I've been using an old oak woodstove handle to jam the brake
"on" which works, but I'd rather use what is there.

Do I need to sharpen or bend the "catch-bar" just right, or do I need to coat
it with beezewax or something or ...?

Please help me on this one; now that I'm driving the '49, I'd hate to have it
roll away on me.

Thanks in ADvance,

Tom
'49 3100