[oletrucks] 3:55 questions

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 3:55 questions
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:36:38 -0500
A couple of months back I installed Patricks 3:55 rear end into my 49
1/2 ton. The truck is still completely disassembled (and seems like it
will be/has been forever) until the paint and body guys get around to
finishing it.
Anyway, I was looking in Patricks catalog this afternoon, and noticed
that there is a speedo adapter that you are supposed to use if you have
installed his 3:55 kit (they didn't point this out when I bought the
kit). My question is this:

Has anyone out there installed the 3:55 rear and not installed this
adapter? If so, how far off of a true speed reading do you get?

If possible, I would like to get around spending the $60.00 for this
little jewel, and if there isn't much difference then I wont worry about
it. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Brad