[oletrucks] 57 original primer colors??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 57 original primer colors??
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:51:58 +0000
My 57 has the original paint --- I think.  Throughout the entire
body, where the paint has rubbed off (just a few places), I can see
black underneath the paint.  Except for the hood which shows a
reddish/orange under the original sand beige paint.  I am wondering
if perhaps a different type of primer was used for the hood because
of the excess heat the hood endures.

I truly think the sand beige is the original paint. The truck has
74,000 miles, was apparently parked and stored in 1969, it has '68
plates.  Everything is so solid - including the wood floor in the
back, headliner, etc.  All the seams are straight as an arrow. I
can't believe that something happened to the hood and that it was
replaced.  The faded beige paint is even throughout the entire
vehicle and the hood closes like brand new.

The only reason I can surmise is that the factory used a different
primer for the hoods back in 57.  What do ya'll think?
Eric Pesci