Re: [oletrucks] Drum brakes

To: Brinkman <brinkman@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Drum brakes
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 21:47:46 -0400
At 09:48 PM 4/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone out there have any Ideas on the best way to get a siezed
>front brake drum off?The wheel doesn't turn at all.I noticed there
>doesn't seem to be a bleeder valve on the wheel cylinder.Any Ideas?

Had this happen one time when I was trying to get an old F*rd F100 to roll
so I could get it out of my way.
First thing I tried was to back off the shoes using the star wheel adjuster
that you can access through the backing plate. That didn't work so then I
had to resort to a special tool designed expressly for this purpose. It's
part number is FoMoCo PN# BFH-25lb.
In other words..a big freakin hammer. Of course I was not interested in
saving the drum, only trying to get that darn thing out of my way.
I guess the moral of the story is to try backing off the shoes with the
adjuster.
Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck