[oletrucks] Pinion Angle

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Pinion Angle
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@granite.mb.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:56:59 -0400
Claude

Several years I installed an open drive shaft rear end in my 52 Chev 1300
and the instructions that came with the mounting kit called for the face of
the universal joint attachment point on the pinion shaft to be set at 3
degrees above horizontal.  in other words if you put the pinion shaft
comming out of the differential so that it is level it has to be moved up to
3 degrees off of horizontal. This is with the truck sitting in it's normal
running position ie. wheels on the ground.

Hope this helps

Mac