[oletrucks] On The Road Again!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] On The Road Again!
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:13:29 EDT
What a great week-end!  Beautiful weather, and alot of time to get the old
beast fired up again!   This is the 1st weekend in mos. that I've had a day
to work on the green beast.....  The time plus a new carb and vaccume
advance, got the old 235 fired up and on the road again!   Man I LOVE my
truck....
Take care everyone and don't get discuraged if the project takes alittle
longer than expected, it is sooooo woth it when you get the old iron back on
the road.
The VDO's work great even on the original trannie and the 235 engine! Yea!
To those concerned:
The pressure and temp guages were sent out on friday!
The speedo and cable will go out tomorrow or wendsday!
Thanks I hope that they do well in your truck.
And for anyone who wants to get a new carb, I got mine from ADVANCE, can you
believe it?  Don't believe the 16 yr. old who answers the phone, they can get
them.  Just get some more mature desk help to look it up for you......  My
rochestor was EXACTLY what I wanted for $79 and has a warranty!  Just be
persistant.  I had to get the vaccume advance from chevy duty, (ouch....).
But I'm on the road again!
Take care!
Casey
Getting ADVANCED in years and gears...