RE: [oletrucks] A zillion questions!

To: "'Joel Brain'" <brain@jacksonesd.k12.or.us>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] A zillion questions!
From: Bennett Ratliff <Bennett@HUNTPROP.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:04:26 -0500
Tyler, need to hook you up with my son Will who is also 15 and
rebuilding a '49 with me for his daily driver.  We are going through
many of the same questions and have come to some of the same
conclusions.  Just this weekend we mounted the new engine, a rebuilt '55
- 235 with a performance cam, dual exhaust headers and dual intake to be
fitted with dual single barrel carbs.  We are reusing the 4-speed
transmission and planning eventually to change out the rear end as you
have found.  From the outside, it will be pretty much original except
for A LOT MORE CHROME.  And, of course, the sound system in the cab will
be state of the art (CD player, etc.) Because as we all know, that's the
most important part of any car.  Keep in touch and we can compare notes.
Good luck.

Bennett Ratliff
1949 AD - Chassis complete, waiting on the same body guys as Brad Newman
to finish.