RE: [oletrucks] AD Body

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "Brad Newman" <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] AD Body
From: "Michael Snow" <mwsnow@home.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:47:37 -0700
A young Lieutenant here on Camp Pendleton has one of these AD on newframe
conversions.  IMHO it is no worth the trouble.  The AD body was on a late
'70s chassis.  The newer trucks all have parallel frame rails, as opposed to
the AD style that is narrower in front than in the rear.  I can't see any
practical way to narrow the front end of a late model truck to make it work
right.  The truck in question has the front wheels protruding several inches
from the fenders in front, but fitting nicely in the rear :(

That being said, I have seen several VERY nice TF bodies on late model
chassis.  All were 4x4s and looked like excellent alternatives to blowing
$25K on a new truck.  One was done completely by the 22 year old owner with
a great paint job and upholstery for about $8K.

Mike Snow
1953 3100