[oletrucks] Labarron & Bonny

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Labarron & Bonny
From: thistle@midcoast.com (Kathy Bray)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:31:41 -0400
Hi all,

I was just talking to my father (who has a '41 Plymouth Coup) and he
mentioned a place called "Labarron & Bonny" as being THE place for interior
upholstery for old cars. He didn't know if they do old trucks and I didn't
see them on the vendor list at "chevytrucks.org". Has anyone heard of (or
used) them? Address and phone number? They are located somewhere in
Massachusetts which is a lot closer to Maine then some of the other
suppliers, so I would like to check them out...maybe go see for myself what
they offer.

Oh, did I mention that my mother has a Model A truck? I guess this
obsession for old vehicles runs in the family!! ;-) Actually, between all
three of our vintage autos, we have found them to be much more reliable
then our *newer* (nothing newer than '91) vehicles. :-) I guess other
people might feel that way too, 'cause everywhere I go with "Old Bess",
someone's always asking to trade their newer truck for her. And then when
they hear what I paid for her they say I got the DEAL of the century and
offer to buy her for almost double!! I just shake my head and say, "Nope,
"Old Bess" is here to stay."!!! Part of the family now.

Kathy Bray
and "Old Bess" '52 3100