[oletrucks] Tire Consensus

To: oletruck list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Tire Consensus
From: Bill Green <wgreen@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:58:12 -0400
Well, it's spring-time and I just sold my old fishing
boat so that I can afford to do a couple of things to make
Nona a weekend driver.  I will be getting parts to do an
extensive brake job (first things first).  Next on my list
will be new tires.
   I have read that LT 215/R85x16 radials and 7.50x16 bias
ply tires would be suitable replacements.  Any other suggestions
for this '52 1/2 ton?  What will be the difference in ride,
handling and steering between the bias-ply tires and the
radials?
Thanks for your help....
--
Bill Green     =-=-=-=-=    Grandpa's '52 3100  "Nona"
Canton, OH     =-=-=-=-=  (lovingly named after Grandma)