Re: [oletrucks] drivng rumble

To: "SHAWN & JO" <YOOPERWANNABE@PRODIGY.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] drivng rumble
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:08:42 -0700
It sounds like you might be starving for fuel.  I had a 78 Chevy K-10 SWB
with a small block 400ci in it.  I did some "modifications" to the motor
and didn't think to do anything to the carb.  It would surge in corners
(only while accelerating or maintaining speed), and it would surge at
higher lean angles (off-road).  The little Q-Jet just didn't have enough
fuel in the float bowl to keep up with demand when it was sloshing around.
I put a Holley 750CFM on it and solved the problem (and created a few more,
but that's another story).  I would use an Edlebrock if I did it again
today.  This is what I "think" was happening to the truck, the carb change
solved it, but I have no good proof that this was the "real" problem.
You might be able to check it by pulling it up on a set of ramps to see if
you can force the problem.  Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco